Here’s a recipe for the salad of the summer: a light, tasty, healthy dish that takes only five minutes. (Makes servings for 4-8)
- About 2 cups of chopped grape tomatoes
- About 2-4 (whichever you prefer) tablespoons of olive oil
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- A cup of sliced mozzarella
- About 6-8 basil leaves
- A pinch of oregano
- Take out a serving bowl and pour in the chopped tomatoes and the chopped mozzarella.
2. Take basil leaves and roll them up like a taco, then take a serrated knife and slice into slivers until they look like this:
3. After adding sliced basil into bowl with tomatoes and mozzarella, add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, and a pinch of oregano into bowl as well.
4. Finally, drizzle olive oil onto salad and mix until evenly distributed. Enjoy when ready!
(*NOTE: if you plan on saving some for later, be sure to keep in refrigerator. For best taste, serve at room temperature. It is also recommended that it is eaten alongside sliced bread [baguette is the bread of choice in this situation].*)
Photo: Chopped Tomatoes
Photo: Chopped Mozzarella
Photo: Sliced Basil